Kickstarting New Year With An Arctic Adventure

19:02

Our flight to Paris was scheduled to fly early this morning. I just had few hours to spare after flying back to Cairo from San Francisco, leaving a bag with dirty shoes and of course, unwashed clothes. 

I went over to Dinie's house in Sayyeda Zainab a little after ten pm, merely an hour after arriving in Cairo. Lil was already there, karaoke-ing old songs while playing with her Iphone. I went over straight from Abbasiyyah, and we went to the airport at three in the morning through Uber.

Great service here.

After meeting with Sofe's big sister and her best friend Mira, we quickly became buddies and ready to embark on another epic adventure together. This will be my second Arctic Adventure, and I'm truly hoping that our journey will go on smoothly.


"Hey Nash, glad you made it."

I chuckled. "Yeah, and it costs me my precious sleep."

We arrived in Paris at noon, and decided to get a day-pass because we were scheduled to transit for twenty-two hours. I was planning to just get some sleep at the airport but I can't resist my friend's excitement of exploring the City of Love.


When I reached all the places, I breathed in the cool air, I broke into a grin. I had finally arrived again in the familiar ground.


I had grown accustomed of going abroad every time I had breaks from the university. The excitement of going to new places were firmly etched on my friends' faces as this was their first time in Paris, except for Lil and I. They were happy, taking pictures any chance that they could.

They even did a selfie on a crazy busy road at Arch de Triumph. They were wacky like that. 

We end the day with a visit to the Pantheon. Mira was really excited to be there, she took bunch of selfies and photos even though it was almost midnight. My little group seemed over the moon, and I can see that they've grown tired.

Buckle up guys, the more challenging adventure awaits. 


Au revoir, Paris. Bienvenue Stockholm.

You Might Also Like

0 comments