The Motherland : Malaysia

12:02

"This is your Captain speaking. We will be descending into Kuala Lumpur International Airport shortly. Please fasten your seatbelt. Thank you."

I squealed in delights as I heard the announcement. I looked into the window as the sky was blanketed of darkness with hint of stars and the land downward were shining with city lights. The flight that was originally from New York and made their transit for hours at Dubai International Airport via their carrier, Emirates Airlines didn't weaken my spirits and enthusiasm as we're descending into my motherland : Malaysia. I didn't endure almost 28 hours of flying home to just feeling relentless or exhausted. I was ecstatic.

Hello Kuala Lumpur, I'm home.

Finally.

I moved overseas as a student in Egypt as my course of study requires six years or more to complete my medical school. Starting in 2010 and still on-going, I mostly spend my time being in Egypt and travelled around the world instead of going back home. I've been home two or three times for the past five and half years I've been staying abroad. 



By the time I stepped out of Kuala Lumpur International Airport, I was raw. I closed my eyes and felt the night wind softly slapped my cheeks and I felt an almost unbearable tug to spread my arms wide and yelled I AM FREAKING HOME. My homesickness was cured in an instance.

But unfortunately my parents can't fetch me up at the airport because they were out of country so a ride to KL Sentral via KLIA Express will just have to do. And it was 11.30 pm.


I got to meet my family, close friends and people that I've encountered my whole life. And the foods, ouh that was so awesome. Every Malaysian would agree with me on this : Malaysian foods are the best.



Unpredictable and diverse would be the words that I would choose to describe Malaysia. You really can't ever define what 'Malaysia' is, as it's so many things to different person. I always tell people who come to visit that they can have any kind of Malaysia experience that they want, it just depends on what they into. You can go to Penang or Kelantan for the foods, or you can go to Malacca or Langkawi if you're into history. Or maybe you can explore Kuala Lumpur and Shah Alam and be inspired by the street art and the creativity which is so vibrant there. it really depends on what you want to see - because it's here.



"Attention passengers for Etihad Airways flight bound for Doha, the check-in counter is now open. Thank you."

Well, that's me.

Au revoir, Malaysia. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments